Thursday, July 03, 2008

Newsworthy? Not So Much.

Proof that either A: NC has not gotten as big and grown-up as we'd like to think or, B: a writer/producer at WRAL still has a chip on her shoulder for not being crowned homecoming queen.

This just came as a top news alert to my email inbox (note: I'm only signed up for the most important news headlines and weather alerts):

WRAL.com Breaking News: Vance County sheriff's daughter charged with DWI
The Vance County sheriff's daughter has been charged with DWI in connection with an Easter Sunday traffic stop.

Keep up with breaking news at http://www.wral.com/
See, I don't really consider that need to know or important enough to have emailed to my blackberry. I guess that's one way to drive traffic to your site on a slow news day to sell online advertising. I was really tempted to unsubscribe last week when I got a brief summary of the recently un-sealed documents from the Eve Carson case (a prime example of the lack of class by N&O)... and this really tips the scale even more. I bet that's not exactly the type of traffic WRAL was anticipating from me, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment