Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sweet Tea Vodka

You heard it here first folks.

I'd like to thank my dear e-friend, Antoine, for returning from Charleston to tell me about this wonderful phenomenon that has taken over the bars in the Low Country (who, by the way, I finally got the chance to meet in person for the first time at the Triangle Entertainment Industry Professionals Mixer last week at Deep South).

Little did I know that the drink that I knew would be a hit here too, had already been smuggled back into NC for an engagement party the following Saturday for the BFF and her husband-to-be for our party's enjoyment. It bewildered me to no end that you cannot legally buy this in the state of NC... yet. I'll see what I can do.

Ok, enough anticipation... here's what you'll all be driving to SC to purchase until it's available in our closed-state liquor stores:



By itself, cut with a typical bar beverage, or my personal favorite: added to a bit of Simply Lemonade, it is the most amazing thing to grace our southern drinking habits since... well, maybe sweet tea itself.

I will be venturing south to round up a few (cases) of their newest addition - handles - before the first official football tailgate of the season that is quickly approaching. Hmmm... how much can you buy in SC without needing a permit?

Let me call in Brandon for a definitive answer on this one...

Trust me - I will figure out a way to get this into this state so that I can sell a "Little Lisa's Firefly Sweet Tea" at Buckhead Saloon for $6.00(?) each.

PS - Check out my 8/22 post on how to special order this at your NC liquor store!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I visited the website and it's actually available in my area! Although I can't have any, I think it will be perfect for the Stock the Bar party we are hosting!
    Let me know how you like it!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just talking about Firefly last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweet tea vodka. I have been able to buy it this summer while I have been at the beach. Because SC is so close to Charlotte, I can drive to Rock Hill or Fort Mill to pick it up. Thank goodness!

    BTW - our friend said that it will be available in NC stores and bars in the next few weeks. I hope it is true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so good. i did a post on this earlier this week. we used it in our wedding signature drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^ What a good idea! I bet your guests LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete