Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Dear Boyfriend...

...and I say this in the nicest way possible: SUCKS WHEN IT COMES TO DINNERTIME.

Well, that's as nice as I could make it. It's downright frustrating. The man (boy in this situation, because it's quite illustrative of the attitude of a 5 year old) is picky when it comes to food. I don't even know if picky is quite the word, it's not strong enough.

He only eats meat (mostly red), potatoes, rice, bread, and sometimes fruit, but he's not adventurous in the fruit category, either. NOTHIN' green. Ever. (With the exception of his mom and aunt's "Brocolli Casserole", but that's all cheese, really.)

It's is SO frustrating because I get very bored, very easily, and I like to get crafty in the kitchen. Not to mention the fact that I could live off of vegetables, fruit, and artisan breads.

In discussing these frustrations yesterday, Lisa S. and I decided "Deceptively Delicious" is going to be my new tactic. I'm too busy (legimitately busy - although he'd tell you otherwise) to cater to his food whims and I refuse to have only a selection of 5 meals to choose from for 365 days out of the year.


(Deceptively Delicious - by Jessica Seinfeld ... also known as Mrs. Jerry Seinfeld, available on Amazon.com, etc.)
I'm pretty excited about it, actually... assuming he doesn't decide to check up on my blog and foil this genius plan.

Anyone done this before? Any well-favored recipes to share?

1 comment:

  1. i bought this for my cousin with kids for christmas...looked great for kids ... or picky bf's!

    ReplyDelete