Sunday, March 01, 2009

Favorite {Country} Songs of the Week: Week 1

I put {Country} in brackets because I like to switch it up every now and then and may include others from time to time. It'd be safe to put some money on 75% of my picks maintaining country appeal though.

Monday ~ Feb. 23: Pat Green - Country Star

"Man I'm thinkin' that sure sounds fun, rockin' out with Brooks & Dunn.
All the way to No. 1, me and my guitar. Man I wanna be a country star..."
Tuesday - Feb. 24: Jason Aldean - She's Country (video)"Shoot from her cowboy boots to her down home roots.
She's country, from the songs she plays to the prayers she prays.
That's the way she was born and raised. She ain't afraid to stay - country.
Brother she's country."
Wednesday ~ Feb. 25: Gloriana - Wild at Heart (video)I can't totally decide if I love this song or if it's going to get old quickly. It sounds very "high school chorus"y to me, but when I actually listened to the following lyrics... it makes me like it more:

"I ain't here to do anything half-way
Don't give a damn what anyone might say

I just wanna free fall for a while

That rebel moon is shinin'
Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasin' down that crazy slide"
Thursday ~ February 26: I am dedicating the next 4 days to all of the fantastic individuals and groups nominated for the GAC 2009 ACM Awards New Artist Fan Voting section, because honestly, they all could've been my next four choices.
(Click to vote!)
For the record, do you know how totally hard it was for me to pick just one from each category? Pretty much impossible - all are SO good.


(Image: GACtv.com)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Jason Aldean video!! And sorry I didn't stop to say Hi the other night! In a rush out the door! Definitely will next time!

    Stay safe in the snow today. No school for us. So annoying, that makes 2 days taken out of spring break :(

    ReplyDelete