Saturday, March 07, 2009

Favorite {Country} Songs of the Week: Week 2

Monday ~ March 2: Alan Jackson (ft. George, Brad, and Dierks) - Country Boy (video)

This video is a whole lot of country on one stage - awesome!!

"Big 35’s whinin’ on the asphalt
Grabbin’ mud, and slingin’ up some red dirt
’cause I’m a country boy"

Tuesday ~ March 3
: Josh Gracin - TellurideI am IN LOVE with this song right now. I was really surprised to hear Tim McGraw's version on Pandora today - it was equally as enjoyable.

"When I was nineteen I threw my stuff in the car
I headed up to the Rockies, got a job at this bar
Selling beer to the locals, just barely getting by
On the tips from the rich kids, there on daddy's dime
But when I saw her walk in one night
I knew that I'd be all right in

Telluride, the snow falling down
I was waking up in that sleepy little town
In her eyes my world came so alive
I never will forget the moment she arrived
In Telluride"

Wednesday ~ March 3
: Justin Moore - Small Town, USA (vide0)This boy's got one of those just plain twangy country voices... and I can't get enough!

"Give me a Saturday night,
my baby my side,
a little Hank, Jr. and a six pack of Light,
an old dirt road and I'll be just fiiiiiiiine"

Thursday ~ March 4
: Lee Ann Womack - I'll Think of a Reason Later (iTunes) An old favorite! I heard this song in the car on Thursday and sang the whole thing out loud. I'm sure folks on Capital thought I'd lost it. Oh well, it was a beautiful day and it is a fun girl song.

"It may be my family's redneck nature
rubbin' off, bringin' out unlady-like behavior.
It sure ain't Christian to judge a stranger,
but I don't like her.
She may be a stranger who spends all winter
bringin' the homeless blankets and dinner.
A regular Nobel Peace Prize winner,
but I really hate her...
I'll think of a reason later."

Friday ~ March 5
: Lee Ann Womack - Last Call (video)One of those truly haunting country songs. I think just about everyone over the age of 21 with an ex can relate to this. Thank Goodness I don't know anyone right off hand who drinks Walker Red.

"I don't need to check that message,
I know what it says.
'Baby I still love you',
don't mean nothin' when there's whiskey on your breath.
That's the only one I get,
so if you're callin'... I bet you're in a bar."

Saturday ~ March 6
: Eli Young Band - Alway the Love Songs (iTunes)I played their new single and one of their previous singles (When It Rains) in Vegas and Denise asked from across the room about these guys. They're one of my current favorites.

"Somebody'd always bring a couple guitars
and we'd take turns
singing songs and watching it burn.
We'd do Rambling Man,
Proud Mary, and American Band
We'd be singing at the top of our lungs
it was always the love songs"

Sunday ~ March 7: Sarah Buxton - That Kind of Day (video)This girl doesn't get half the spotlight she deserves... totally underrated. Just call me her personal cheerleader. Also, recognize her voice from Dierks Bentley's Sweet & Wild? That's her singing duet. Space is her current single - heard only on XM/Sirius, I believe.

"Stayed out about two hours too late,
and now it's hard gettin' out of this bed.
Man, my boyfriend was a pain in the butt last night,
now he's an ache in my head.
Stubbed my toe on the dresser an' I guess,
it's too late to shower an' do my hair.

Yeah, throw a ball cap on.
Hell, half the day is gone.
And nothin' else could go wrong, whoa, oh.
Fifty bucks is all I got,
when times are tough, it's time to shop!
And my credit card'll buy a lot, whoa, oh.
What's another bill to pay?
It's that kind of day."
Whew, 7 songs this week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment