My family business has been known for over 35 years for two things: 1 - auto body repair and paint, and 2 - marine sales and accessories.
For those of you who spend a good deal of time near any body of water and think most problems can be solved in an afternoon that includes a cooler and a fishin' pole... I think you'll enjoy this new site that came across my work inbox today from one of our industry associations.
GREETINGS FROM FISHINGTON
Dear Boating & Fishing Partners,
The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) is proud to announce an exciting new online community that complements the national Take Me Fishing™ campaign and connects boaters and anglers like never before! It's Fishington – The Fishing & Boating Capital of the Internet – and we'd like to extend a special invitation for you to join.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fishington leverages different approaches from well-established social networking platforms like MySpace, Facebook and YouTube, but is specifically tailored for boating and fishing enthusiasts. Being part of this community allows members to:
• Create a profile
• Find and add friends
• Create and join groups
• Create and post comments on message boards
• Add and organize photos and videos
• Save favorite hotspots from our interactive map tool
• Control their privacy settings
Stakeholders who maintain a profile have the ability to:
• Connect with other local businesses, clubs and individuals
• Map their location and related bodies of water
• Gather feedback, photos and videos
• Build fans of their facility
• Understand and recruit new members or customers
• Generate increased traffic to their Web sites
• Spark interest in their programs and products
• Invite discussion about their programs or products
Fishington is directly linked to all of the great content that's on TakeMeFishing.org, including the 12,000 places to boat and fish. Businesses and facilities that currently exist in the TakeMeFishing.org database will already have a profile on Fishington.