Monday, January 26, 2009

The Passing of a Legend

After my post last week on one of my favorite Local Legends, I'm sure you can image how heartbroken I was to find out Saturday morning that our beloved Coach Yow had passed away that morning.

By Saturday afternoon, I couldn't even get on facebook, WRAL, or ESPN and read any more of the tributes because it was just too much.

My nails are painted pink today (and will stay that way) in honor of Coach Yow.

Here are some of the amazing tributes and coverage that have been produced so far in loving memory of Coach Yow:

WRAL - Yow: 38 years of coaching, inspiration
ESPN - Remembering Yow
ESPN - Kay Yow's Legacy
And quite possibly the most moving of all - I think Jeff Gravley's emotion illustrates what all of us in Wolfpack Nation (and all fans of Coach Yow, for that matter) are feeling right now:
Those are some of the best, but both WRAL and ESPN have so much more available if you're looking for more."My hope is that this funding will help to change the lives of many men and women who face this opponent daily. Cancer is something that touches everyone's life and it is important to understand that we all can make a difference. Each of you can be a part of finding an answer. Join me today and let's beat cancer once and for all!" -Kay Yow

In lieu of sending flowers, donations can be made to the Kay Yow/WBCA Cancer Fund at www.JimmyV.org, by calling 1-800-4JimmyV, or by mailing checks to the WBCA with attention Megan Smith at 4646 Lawrenceville Hwy. Lilburn, GA 30047. All donations are tax deductible.

Image Credit: DayLife.com, JimmyV.org

No comments:

Post a Comment