Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A New Raleigh Restaurant and New Crafty Website Addiction

Renee and I were chatting on the way to Cafe Caturra last night about how we both have sewing machines, but wish we actually knew what we were doing in that department.

Now granted, I had to take a class or two in garment construction for my TATM degree... but my awesome momma may or may not have helped me with my final project after I broke TWO sewing machines in the process. (Read into that as much as you'd like.) I can rock out a design and the pattern construction. But, the actual garment construction? Notsomuch.

Nonetheless, it hasn't kept me from stumbling upon BurdaStyle.com:



The site, "for people who sew", has patterns, projects, skills, tutorials and more. I signed up for their eNews, so let's see if Renee and I actually improve our lack of crafty skills in this department sometime this summer :-)

Oh yeah, back to the wine!



Renee and I may or may not have sampled mmm... say 5 or 6 of the wine bar and restaurant's 10 reds, 10 whites, and 5 dessert wines... many of which are seasonal which means enjoy them now, because come fall there will be some new wines to love. You can buy any of their wines in several sizes, so we opted for the 3 oz. pours, which is perfect if you don't want a large pour of wine or want to indulge in several smaller. (I'm sure you can see where this is going.)

I profiled the pre-opening of this place on i heart retail and was glad to read in TBJ yesterday that it finally opened. Renee and I just enjoyed the wine last night, but they do a full fresh food menu, so I'll be back to try the food soon. Cafe Caturra is in Cameron Village near Talbot's.

No comments:

Post a Comment