Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SPCA and Big Boss Brewing: Bark & Wine

I received an email from the SPCA today that my previous post on the Down by the Tracks SPCA event last fall came up Google.com search results of the SPCA Pet Adoption Center, so I want to make sure to provide yet another glowing testimonial for them (that was already in my MySpace blog but hadn't made it's way here yet)!

Most everyone who knows me, knows of my sincere love for pups - especially those who don't have a home. I've been fortunate enough to have two dogs sent my way (one from the SPCA and one showed up on my parents' back porch with his sister tagging along... who by the way lives with my parents).

I think it's important to share other people's success stories about pet adoption, so I wanted to blog about the story that Jimmy Johnson, Sales Manager at Big Boss Brewing Co. here in Raleigh, sent to his email list subscribers about an event they're hosting with the SPCA this week.

*SPCA Bark And Wine Fundraiser*
When- Thursday, 6-9 p.m.
Where- SPCA Adoption Center
Admssion- $25

Alright. So this is something i'm doing because it's very near to my heart. It's a fundraiser for the SPCA of Wake County. I will be down at the SPCA shelter off Tryon road this Thursday pouring samples of our fine BIG BOSS products. There will be 6-8 varieties of wine and light fare to boot.

For those of you who know me, you may also know my bulldog Molly-Girl. She is my only love and the reason I get out of bed in the morning. Molly was found in a parking lot with mange when she was 6 months old. The fine people of the SPCA took her in, rehabilitated her, and called me. That was two years ago on Father's Day. My life has been better every day since.

There are so many animals that never get a second chance, if they ever even had one. This is an opportunity to help these animals by giving a very little bit of your time and money. I know not everybody is in a position to take a dog home, but you can help by simply attending this fundraiser where you'll get to drink fine wines and beer!

I know that many of you plan on spending your money on a nice dinner and gifts, and I get it. But if you can find it in your heart to give just a little back to the animals that just want to love and be loved, the reward is priceless. Thanks for listening to my little rant and I hope to see some of you there.

For more info, please go to: www.spcawake.org/bark

No comments:

Post a Comment