Thursday, July 23, 2009

Houseguests

In my last post, I mentioned having a scheduling conflict with the Wine to Water event at Amra's, but if I could do both, I for sure would.

Here's my scheduling conflict: Houseguests.

But not just any houseguests, these are a group of 20-somethings (not unlike Nick and myself) who are bicycling across the country to raise money for childhood cancer research.

How amazing is that??



Visit them online at http://rallyfoundation.org/index.php/rallyacrossamerica and check out their blog, too!

Here's a little of their backstory:


Magan, a recent college graduate, is a novice cyclist who is about to depart on a journey. As this summer’s Rally Foundation intern, Magan will push herself to the max by biking across the nation to raise money for childhood cancer research.

Kicking off in Atlanta, Ga. and ending in Greenwich, Conn., Magan and her support team hope to reach their goal of 1,000 miles riding together for childhood cancer research. Their goal is to raise $75,000 for childhood cancer research.

They've been invited to join in a bike trip around Raleigh and are then arriving here around 8pm or so. I think we're going to take them to Tobacco Road for dinner and then out around Downtown a little more, if they don't have an early departure time tomorrow.

If you're in the area and want to meet them (and maybe drop by a little donation? Even just $5.00!), come join us at Tobacco Road! Shoot me an email or leave me a comment if you want more details.

Here is the website for the ride itself, with all kinds of extra details.

1 comment:

  1. I just hope they keep the shower curtain in the shower :)

    ReplyDelete