Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Calling All Mommies, Awesome Aunts, and Grand Parents...

As I was thinking about buying gifts for tomorrow’s Jingle Ball (www.jingleball.org), I realized that I obviously don’t do all that much toy buying!

I am wondering if any of you awesome readers have any tips on how to maximize $25.00 in the world of toys?

Since this is such a great cause, I want to try and contribute as much as I can with a $25.00 value of gifts donated, but I don’t want to buy things that will go unused. I know this is probably not the best time of year to try and work some magic for toys, but didn’t know if there were any good options outside of a traditional toy store that I should be looking at.

Or, if there are any toy retailers, who always have a coupon available like Bed, Bath, and Beyond does for household items ;-)

Thank you - in advance - for any tips!

I also emailed this to Sue Stock to see if she has any tips. If she does, I'll be sure to post them here in the comments.

PS - Daddy input welcome, too. Sorry I forgot about that major group!

3 comments:

  1. Update from Sue Stock:

    Well Bed Bath does have SOME toys if you have some of those 20 percent coupons.

    Honestly, Target's $5 toys have been tough to beat lately but you'd have to wait until Sunday, which I don't think you can...

    Kohls is a good one especially if you have some Kohl's Cash lying around (ask someone, maybe they will donate)

    Check wow-coupons.com (click on USA site and then click on "retail" coupons). You may find some there too.

    Thanks Sue!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I found a $5.00 coupon for Walgreen's $10.00 toys (I think that was the promo) in yesterday's paper at my mom and dad's house. I also flipped through a flyer for Big Lots and they were advertising sales on toys including $4.00 Barbies.

    ReplyDelete