Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Local Round-Up: North Raleigh

For a DTR (Downtown Raleigh) and South Raleigh kid, trips to North Raleigh (especially North NORTH Raleigh) can often be a haul.

Nick and I ventured out a few months ago after a laser appointment and really enjoyed stumbling upon a restaurant we'll be sure to try again next time we're out that way: Buffalo's Southwest Cafe.

Their website, Buffalos.com (wow - they did great to snatch that one up, but the logo is different, so who knows... they may have lost it), doesn't really offer anything (other than "under construction"), but I was reminded of the restaurant when Sue Stock posted about a great deal on wings there today. Every Wednesday in August, they're doing 10 wings for $1.60. For whatever reason, wings are not cheap, so that's a great deal being offered by a restaurant (below what they're paying for them, I'm sure).

I had a wrap of some sort and chips and loved it. I can't for the life of me remember what Nick had, but I do remember he also really enjoyed it. And it was less than $20.00 for the both of us, including drinks and tip.

The main reason for this post? I also just finished a long write-up on my fashion blog about one of their neighbors: GiGi's Boutique.

So there you have it, the North Raleigh adventure in a nutshell.

Buffalo's
7504 Creedmoor Road
Raleigh, NC


Phone: (919) 676-0332


{Image: Taking Stock blog}

2 comments:

  1. I live just a hop, skip, and a jump from there.

    I'll have to go try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffalo's is a chain that is pretty popular in the Atlanta market...great Wings!!

    ReplyDelete